Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 26: Power Loss Day #3, Phone Lines Down Day #2

Just a few of the tree limbs in the lines.
 Dear Fabulous Spouse,
I hope that you are enjoying your one day layover in Germany.  Sorry that we missed you on Skype.  I hope that you get some sleep soon.  I know that I need some.
We miss you!
Love,
Me

Translation: Thank Goodness for Facebook
I think that I officially have to take back about 85% of the bad stuff that I have said about Facebook.  After talking with you in the car (aka the world’s most expensive cell phone charger) at 6AM, I posted that you were safe, and that we were still without power.  Within half an hour, I had two offers to house us for the remainder of the outage from those with power!  We had accepted Super S’s invite first, but thank you Miss K for the offer (and I was not so sure about going over the scary Tacoma Bridge with the ice dropping).

We packed our bags and spent the morning at Cutters Point again.  Yesterday’s post went up, and we kept hoping for a hint of you.  Alas, it was not to be.  I assured the kids that there was probably important military stuff you were doing that prevented you from showing up, despite our hustle to get there for our Skype date.  They may have been a little disappointed, but they know that you have no control over the military stuff.

By 12:40 the natives were restless and hungry.  So, we packed up and headed to Super S’s via McDonald’s drive-thru.   It was great to be someplace warm, lit, and customer free!  Super S and her family made us feel at home.  She really is the best. 

The kids played in the giant tree house, and in their rooms, and of course Oldest Child retreated to the basement for some quality time with his laptop and Bloons Tower Defense 5 (it’s not Xbox, but it will do).

Finally, he emerged for dinner, and just when he was going to retreat back into his cave heard those two little words: Hot Tub.

For the kids, it made it all better, magic even.  Thank you Facebook, and thank you Super S.

(Sorry, had to use the flash on this one and blinded everybody!)

No comments:

Post a Comment